Recently I purchase the Garmin Vivofit2 activity tracker upon a recommendation of several people in a workout group.
I really like the tracker and all of its’ abilities. However, I’m not fond of the size and a few other challenges.
- It is waterproof. I went swimming and showered with it- no problemo!
- It doubles as a watch and as an added bonus, you don’t have to hit it or flip your wrist to turn it on. It always indicates the time.
- You don’t have to charge it. The manual says the batteries need replaced in about a year.
- Inexpensive price point!
- Garmin app automatically carries over to my fitness pal and is very user friendly.
- It is really hard to push the button to change the display and sync it. I mean, VERY hard. I’m not sure if I got a lemon, but I had to pop the black piece out of the watch to push the button. Even then, I still had a mark on my thumb from how hard I had to push it.
- It is longer than my wrist, which was a little awkward looking.
- The black piece popped out of the band a little too easily. Maybe it was because I had to pop it out a lot.
- It didn’t manually sync as I was told it would. Mine never manually synced and I wore it non-stop for over a month.
- It randomly didn’t record 3 days of data. Of course, it was when I ran a 5k (more about that here).
- Their customer service person wasn’t too concerned with my cons listed above.
I like this watch, but will keep looking.
Do you have an activity tracker?
If you enjoyed this and would like to hear more, please subscribe (on the middle right sidebar) to get our SATZ newsletters. To stay connected with Sharing A to Z, please see Facebook or Pinterest.
Sleep. We all need it, but sometimes we don’t get enough. Therefore, Casper (you can read about their mattresses here) and I are very excited to share some tips for better sleep. 1. Relax. Do something each day to relax and de-stress.... Continue reading →
Are you thinking about getting a puppy? If so, you may want to read our puppy story. This is our story of life with a puppy for the first year. After getting our rescue “lab”, I had no idea what... Continue reading →
We took a trip to Las Vegas and had the opportunity to go with some friends and family who are foodies and Vegas regulars! So, we got to experience some great places. Vegas, baby! @sharingAtoZ.com Click To Tweet Friday, we... Continue reading →
Want a chance to win a $20 Starbucks gift card? Get your HEALTHPRINT™ today! It’s super-simple and there is no obligation to purchase. Be sure to enter before AUGUST 21st for your chance to win!!! Here are a little more... Continue reading →
Do you want to make some positive changes, but don’t know where to start? Join us on our 100 days to amazing journey. We are supporting each other on Facebook here. Doesn’t the sound of that just get you excited?... Continue reading →
Recently, we went to Two Brother’s Brewery with my husband’s parents. I was pleasantly surprised when their menu indicated they try to use local farms and organic ingredients. We tried several of the beers they had that day and they were... Continue reading →
Do you want to start exercising? I do. So many times I have started, stuck with it for a while and then stopped. I’m getting tired of this routine and the excuses that accompany it. Then one day, it just... Continue reading →
This Chocolate Coconut Shake smoothie is delicious! Each serving of Shaklee Life Energizing Shake Mix comes packed with omega-3 (ALA) an essential fatty acid that supports heart and brain health. Try it today with this tropical twist: 2 scoops of... Continue reading →
Are you thinking about getting a dog or puppy and wondering how to choose one? Well, I’ll share our story with you. My husband has always wanted a dog, however, when his job required us to move from Tampa (which I... Continue reading →