Last month, a few friends and I participated in Chicago’s Mudderella. After running the race, we talked about some Mudderella (or any mud run) tips for next year. I’d love to share them with you, so you can enjoy them and hear your tips if you have done one!
- Wear tight clothing. Spandex Capri pants and a cotton top are a good choice. They help to cover your knees while you are crawling and climbing.
- Wear shoes (and clothes) you don’t mind getting dirty. This is pretty self explanatory.
- Wear bikini bathing suit bottoms under your capris or shorts. This way, you can shower and get into clean clothes quickly. They also will be less likely to be mud stained.
- Don’t wear glasses. You will be doing all kinds of obstacles and they will most likely fall off.
- Bring with you into the race (and check or leave with a spectator): a towel, pair of flip-flops and change of clothes. You may also want some soap. However, our shower was freezing, so I didn’t use any. The picture below is of me AFTER rinsing off.
- Your teamwork mindset. To me, this wasn’t really a traditional race because it wasn’t timed. Instead, people focused on helping eachother and finishing rather than making good time individually.
Have you done a mud race? If so, I would live to hear your tips in the comments below!
Are you looking for a quick, easy and fun way to make some healthy meals? This frozen smoothie party is for you! In less than two hours, you can have fourteen delicious meals for under $4 each. It is hard... Continue reading →
June 5th is Cancer Survivor’s Day! It is a day where the strength and stamina of many individuals are celebrated. It should also be a time for awareness. A time to examine one’s lifestyle and a time to become aware... Continue reading →
Good morning! It’s Monday and a fresh start. Let’s take a look at our past week and set an intention of something you would like to improve on your journey to better health. Some examples are: Increasing water intake: Did... Continue reading →
This morning I supercharged my coffee and it was so quick, easy and delicious! Most mornings I drink a protein shake and a cup of coffee separately. However, we all know how crazy mornings can get. So one crazy morning,... Continue reading →
My son made his First Communion this past weekend and I wanted to share some things we did to help make the day extra special. First, my wonderful and way more crafty mother helped us make a Communion banner that... Continue reading →
HERBAL BLEND MUTI-PURPOSE CREAM is a cooling mentholated formula is enriched with natural extracts, including rosemary, chamomile, corn oil, and salvia to nourish stressed skin. This nongreasy formula leaves skin soft and refreshed. Perfect for soothing dry, chapped and rough skin... Continue reading →
There are many times during the year that teacher gifts are given. Therefore, I wanted to share some of my teacher gift ideas. Teacher gift ideas @sharingAtoZ Click To Tweet 1. Gift cards: practical, easy to obtain and wrap. Sure,... Continue reading →
I did it! I ran my first race! Well, maybe jog-walked is a more accurate word, but I finished it! How was your first race? @sharingAtoZ Click To Tweet On the eve of my first race, I attended an all... Continue reading →
After having children, I switched to natural cleaners and have tried to live a healthier life style. This transformation brought me to Shaklee. 10 Reasons to Love Basic H2® 1. Stop living in a toxic home Some of the most... Continue reading →