Growing up, my parents always made Kon Kuckie. Funny name, but a great marinade. My mom got the recipe from here friend and the original recipe just called for beef. My parents also used chicken, and I use veggies! Whatever you decide to use, it is a great marinade. You can prep it the day before for a quick meal!
Kon Kuckie (marinade)
- 1 ½ pounds of meat or veggies
- 3 T sesame seeds (optional)
- 3 T oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or soy sauce substitute such as tamari, Bragg Liquid aminos or coconut aminos)
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ginger, fresh (if possible)
- 2 T brown sugar (depending on taste desired)
- Mix all ingredients.
- Pour over meat or veggies.
- Soak overnight (or as long as possible).
- Broil or grill.
What is your favorite marinade? I would love to hear it in the comments below or on social media!
Tuesday’s Table; Be Well; Joy Love Food; Love from the Kitchen; A Bowl Full of Lemons; I should be mopping the floor; Memories by the mile; Epic Mommy Adventures; The Quinntessential Mommy; The Modest Mom blog; Creative Kids; The Stay-at-home-mom Survival guide; Our three peas ; Ivy & Elephants; What’s cooking love?; The Evolution of Mom; The Road to Domestication; Life with Lorelai; An Alli Event; Little Family Adventure ; Blessed Learners; The Road to Domestication; Life with Lorelai; The Evolution of Mom; An Alli Event; Little Family Adventure; and Share your cup