Why not combine two of your favorite desserts?
Pumpkin Gingerbread Dessert
1 cup canned pumpkin (try to buy organic)
1/3 cup of coconut sugar (regular sugar can be used if needed)
1 tsp pumpkin spice
1/2 cup half and half or light cream
1 14 to 15 ounce package of gingerbread mix*
Coconut oil or cooking spray to coat pan
Whipped cream (optional but yummy) We love this easy homemade recipe.
1. Preheat oven to 350. Coat a 10 inch pie plate or 8x8x2 baking dish with coconut oil.
2. Combine pumpkin, sugar and spice. Add the egg and beat. Stir in cream and mix well.
3. Prepare gingerbread mix according to package. For some brands, applesauce may be added instead of butter.
4. Pour batter into pan. Then, spoon pumpkin mixture on top. Swirl using a knife.
5. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature.
7. Refrigerate leftovers.
Serves approximately 8.
*I found a healthier gingerbread (in picture) and it was delicious!