Chocolate covered strawberries seem to go hand in hand with Valentine’s Day. However, the same flavors also make a wonderful smoothie that is healthier and you can enjoy any day!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie
- 8 ounces of milk – I use almond or coconut milk
- 1 TBLSP of cocoa powder – adjust depending on taste
- 1 cup of strawberries (fresh or frozen) – try to purchase organic as strawberries are on the dirty dozen list
- 2 scoops of protein powder – you can use any kind, but my favorite is this one
- Spinach – optional, but it is such a good way to sneak in some greens
- Chia seeds – optional, but helps to keep you full
Blend and enjoy! If you make the smoothie thick enough (you can add some ice), you can dip strawberries into it, like you would dip them in chocolate!
Do you have a favorite healthier chocolate treat? I would love to hear it in this comments below or on my Facebook page!