This pumpkin (cranberry) bread or muffin recipe is so delicious and easily adapted to suit many individual tastes. It can have cranberries or not. It can also be a bread or a muffin. My children like the pumpkin muffins and my favorite was the cranberry pumpkin bread. Thanks to my mom for coming up with that great idea for them!
Pumpkin (Cranberry) Bread or Muffins
(Makes three 4×8 loaves)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 c water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 (16 oz) can of pumpkin (preferably BPA free)
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups chopped cranberries (optional)
- Beat the eggs.
- Add water, oil and pumpkin. Mix.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking soda, salt cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves together.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture.
- Stir in cranberries (if using).
- Divide batter among loaf pans.
- Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour. For muffins bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
How do you make your favorite bread or muffins? I would love to hear it in this comments below or on my Facebook page!